Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Round-Up Wednesday

One of the things I woud like to do on this blog is talk about blogs that I read that go hand and hand with my views on attachement parenting and natural living. Each week I will post some links to blog posts that I have seen during the week that spoke to me. So let's get started.

This first one really stood out to me as I was a single mom when Sugar Baby was very little. It is from Kveller.com and was written my Mayim Bialik who has written a book, Beyond The Sling, which is about her experience with AP. I have not read it yet but it is certainly on my list. Anyway, this particular post is about practicing AP as a single or working mother, which I was a single mother when Sugar Baby was younger, and I am still a working mother.

Attachment Parenting For Single Moms By: Mayim Bialik

This second post I found to be very relevant to many conversations that go on today. There is much debate about how AP will effect the child. Obviously I think it is a great idea since that is how I parent, but there are many people who have confronted me about it saying Sugar Baby will be needy and self entitled and a spoiled brat. I however believe that by her needs being met as an infant and toddler she will be more independent as she grows up.  I do not believe co-sleeping will make her co-dependent.

Attachement Parenting: What It's Not By Alternative Mama


The next post comes from Green Child Magazine which is an awesome magazine about AP and green living. I wore Sugar Baby consistently until she was 18 months, now I only do occasionally, but we both LOVED it. I am a big supporter of baby-wearing I think is helps cement the bond between parent and child. This post is a basic overview of baby-wearing.

The Art Of Baby Wearing By: Amity Hook-Sopko

My final post for this week is about how to handle it when someone criticizes you for AP. I have been told many negative things about raising Sugar Baby AP style and her bio dad doesn't seems to think much of it either, and that's ok its not the parenting style for everyone. I am a firm believer that each parent should parent in a way that suits their child and them self.  This post gives some tips to help yourself out when you encounter people who might not be openminded about AP.

Attachment Parenting: Dealing With Criticism

I hope you enjoy these posts as much as I did. What posts have you found that really spoke to you?
Do you have a post you have written you would like me to read?

Later Ya'll





No comments:

Post a Comment