Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Product Review: Lovies For My Babies

Lovies For My Babies Etsy Store

     Lovies For My Babies is a wonderful store on Etsy.  I have ordered from there on several occasions. Sugar Baby carries a doll we ordered from there EVERYWHERE. It is a baby in a penguin costume she named "Pookin" as she could not say penguin when she was younger. It even has a little heart on it that has her name on it. We also had one made that looks like Sugar Baby and she plays with it quite a bit.

     I spoke with the owner of the store Hannie about why she opened her shop. She says, "Well I always loved sewing and when I had my daughter I wanted to make her a safe, soft and cute security doll that she could attach to. I also wanted to see if she'd use it as a chew toy when she was teething and it worked. She liked the hands and when i put some water and popped it in the freezer it was even better. I never liked the hard rubbery teething toys out there. So I discovered Etsy while watching Martha Stewart one day and thought I'd give it a try and to my surprise they actually started selling. It took some evolving over the years but I'm pretty happy with the end results. 
But mostly it's just a hobby. I am not able to make it a real business since I have two young kids and also going back to school. "

     Hannie makes quality dolls that are safe of even infants as they can be made without buttons. She takes custom designs as well. I think we will be ordering a Super Hero baby from her for Sugar Baby's upcoming birthday. I also wet the dolls hands and put it in the freezer when Sugar Baby was teething and it seemed to help her a lot. Her dolls are well made and made of minky so they are very soft. She uses bright colors and cute animal designs that Sugar Baby loves. She also will add your child's name to the toy. If you are looking for a well loved baby for your child Lovies For My Babies is certainly the way to go. 

     Do any of you have Etsy stores? Are there any Etsy stores that are your favorite? I would love to feature them on my blog. 

Later Ya'll
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment